Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with John Johnson, Associate Director of the Avila Institute about how the faithful can endure and overcome difficulties in the liturgy in our time.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How do we constructively face and overcome challenges in our parishes when the liturgy is contrary to the teachings of the Church?
- How do these challenging experiences at Mass, to some degree, reflect Jesus' road to Calvary?
- Can the Lord draw us into a powerful, prayerful experience at Mass amidst the chaos?
- How can we overcome the culturally induced mindset that the Mass should be entertaining?
- These experiences can be a kind of suffering that we can offer to Christ.
- How have liturgical abuses caused men to have a decreased faith life?