When faced with tragedy, loss, failure, illness, or any difficulty in life, how can we learn to suffer well? Author, Dr. Ronda Chervin, uses the lives of the saints to help us cope with suffering in her book, Avoiding Bitterness in Suffering: How Our Heros in Faith Found Peace Amid Sorrow.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What was the motivation for this book?
- How did the saints handle suffering?
- Which saint helped the most through the suffering associated with the tragic loss of a loved one?
- How did St. Therese of Lisieux cope with suffering associated with doubt and attacks from the evil one?
- Who is St. Marie of the Incarnation and why is she influential in coping with suffering?
- St. Teresa of Calcutta said that suffering is like a kiss from Jesus on the cross.