Why is the Eucharistic Prayer one of the most active times during the liturgy? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Christopher Carstens to discuss how the faithful become bridge builders along with the priest to offer up our sacrifices during the Mass.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What do the faithful misunderstand most about participating in the Eucharistic Prayer?
- How is the congregation called to participate during the Eucharistic Prayer?
- Does praying in the vernacular assist the faithful in their participation in the Eucharistic prayer?
- What is the meaning of the term, "pontifex"?
- Why are the faithful considered "ponifex minimus"?
- Why does the priest ask God to "accept" his sacrifice and ours rather than to "take" it?
- What can we do on a practical level to implement this participation in the Mass in a more meaningful way?