How can we receive the Eucharist in the most holy way? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Christopher Carstens to discuss the humility necessary to receive the precious Body and Blood of our Lord during Mass.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- When receiving the Holy Eucharist, what is the best virtue to exhibit in order to become saintly?
- How does humility bring us into a more full participation in the Eucharist?
- Why is the prayer of the centurion the response of the faithful during the Liturgy of the Eucharist?
- Why do we fast before receiving the Eucharist? Should we begin fasting an hour before Mass begins or an hour before receiving our Lord?
- What does it mean for Jesus to "wonder" at the centurion's faith?
- How should we respond to Jesus longing to share his precious Body and Blood with us?