What does St Peter of Alcántara think are the six things necessary to prayer? How can we use the six things to begin a daily prayer routine? Listen as Dan and Melissa list and explain these six things, and continue their discussion of the book Finding God Through Meditation by St Peter of Alcántara.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What are some ways to get through the difficult beginning period of developing a daily prayer routine?
- Creative ways to pray when you are physically or mentally tired.
- How can we prepare our mind and soul for prayer?
- What does St Peter recommend we read after we prepare for prayer?
- What are some things to meditate on when beginning a daily prayer routine?
- How to incorporate thanksgiving into a prayer routine.
- What does affective meditation look like?
- Oblation - What can we offer to God as a sacrifice?
- Petition - Putting our desires before God.