Today, Dan and Melissa answer your questions about prayer methods, obedience to Church teaching, and spiritual consolations.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- When time is limited, what is the best way to pray when we are given so many options in the Church such as the Liturgy of the Hours, the rosary, lectio divina, mental prayer and the Jesus prayer from the Eastern Rite?
- Is obedience practiced as an act of love necessary for eternal intimacy with God?
- John 14:21 - "Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him."
- Should the interior heart reflect and be in line with exterior fruits?
- Romans 7:19 - "For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want."
- Romans 8:6 - "The concern of the flesh is death, but the concern of the spirit is life and peace."
- Why should we not seek consolations in prayer?