How can we truly hear and understand the Word of God at Mass? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Christopher Carstens to discuss the most effective way to listen to the readings during the Liturgy of the Word.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What does it mean to hear the readings at Mass?
- What is the sacramental principle?
- St. Benedict proposes that we listen to the Word of God with the "ears of our heart". What does this mean?
- What does it mean to be "logos-ized"?
- How can we properly prepare for the readings during the Mass when there is only a short period of time to do so?
- What is "lectio divina" and how can we properly apply it to better prepare ourselves for the Mass readings?
- What are the steps of "lectio divina"?
- Why is the Liturgy of the Word important and how does it prepare us for the Liturgy of the Eucharist?