Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with author, Connie Rossini, about the necessities to establishing a lasting prayer life.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Why does Fr. Philippe focus on having a strong faith as a necessary step to establishing a lasting prayer life?
- What role do feelings play in prayer?
- How can false humility drive us away from prayer?
- Why is perseverance important for spiritual growth?
- What is lacking in the spiritual lives of those who say they do not have time for prayer?
- How can prayer help us through the everyday struggles and exhaustion of life?
- If we are not practicing mental prayer, are our works for God not as meaningful?
- Can we break up our prayer time into two segments, or should we do all of our mental prayer at once?
- What should one meditate on if he or she is in the beginning stages of prayer?