When faced with difficulty choosing her vocation, Celine leans on the wisdom of her sister, St. Therese, to help discern God's will in her life. Today, Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss how God works with our humanity to bring about holiness.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What does this letter tell us about St. Therese?
- Is St. Therese suggesting that once Celine conforms her will to God's, He will then conduct Himself differently?
- What does St. Therese mean by having something "too human in our affection"?
- When speaking of her relationship with her sister, what does St. Therese mean when she says,"the foundation of the affection is too pure for Him to break"?
- Would it be wrong to seek a relationship with God for the purpose of self-fulfillment? Would that be considered selfish?