How can the world news affect our lives? How does one determine if he or she is experiencing spiritual aridity? Today, Dan and Melissa answer these question as they discuss an e-mail from a listener.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Could overconsumption of news be considered sinful?
- Why is it detrimental for faithful Catholics to focus incessantly on the problems within the Church? How does the account of Jesus rebuking the disciples for waking Him in the boat during a storm apply to this situation?
- What does it mean to "practice the presence of God"?
- What causes aridity?
- How does one know if he or she is transitioning from one level of prayer to another?
- What is the prayer of silence or quiet?