Now displaying: Page 1
Mar 6, 2015
- During this episode Dan and Melissa discuss the struggle with discouragement as Lent is well underway.
- Discouragement is not of God. If you are working hard to bring yourself to God, you can be assured, he is pleased with you.
- Falling away from your lenten commitments is human. God knows this and is waiting for us to return to Him with a loving embrace.
- Dan and Melissa discuss the importance of confession.
- Offer your intentions at Mass for strength to fulfill your lenten commitments.
- If you find your lenten commitments might be more than you can handle, discuss with your spiritual director and either persevere or reassess your goals.
- Perseverance is a key characteristic in overcoming sins and temptations and is a common trait among all of the saints.
- A daily examination of conscience is an important habit to undertake.
- Spiritual Direction website has a guide for seven steps for a daily examen.
- Dan and Melissa thoroughly discuss each step of the examen: Opening Prayer, Gratitude, Petition, Review, Forgiveness, Renewal, and Closing Prayer.
©Copyright Avila Foundation - All Rights Reserved