Which sins are the most detrimental to our relationship with God? Dan Burke and Melissa Elson discover the answer to this question as they speak with Dr. Kevin Vost about his book, "The Seven Deadly Sins: A Thomistic Guide to Vanquishing Vice and Sin".
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What are the seven deadly sins and where are they in the Bible?
- Why are these sins "deadly"?
- Who are some of the key figures in Church history who helped develop our understanding of these sins and what we can do about them?
- Which sin did St. Thomas Aquinas say most directly opposed the Great Commandment to love God with all that we are?
- What are the "daughters" of the deadly sins and how might understanding them further our spiritual growth?
- What is sloth or acedia?