Today, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson speak with Connie Rossini about the book she and Dan wrote together titled, The Contemplative Rosary and discuss meditative methods of praying the rosary to keep our focus completely on Jesus.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- This book focuses on helping people who have never prayed the rosary, those who have struggled with the rosary, and those who feel the rosary has become dry or repetitive.
- Is everyone called to contemplative prayer?
- Is contemplation something that we can work towards or a gift from God?
- Why is contemplative prayer necessary for sanctity?
- What is the definition of contemplation?
- Are distractions while praying the rosary common?
- What should we focus on while praying the rosary?
- Can vocal prayer prepare you for contemplative prayer?
- How is the contemplative rosary set up?
- How does the book help us focus on Jesus?
- What is the "clausular method" of praying the rosary?
- Must we finish the rosary or should we stop if the Lord calls us to contemplate Him before we have completed our prayers?