Obedience in the modern culture, and enduring loneliness. Dan and Melissa discuss these forms of suffering from the perspective of St. Teresa as they reflect on her letters from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Categories of suffering - beneficial vs. destructive.
- How is obedience related to humility, and why are they both necessary?
- Resist, embrace, pursue - Three steps to spiritual growth through suffering.
- Do you feel lonely or isolated from others due to your faith?
- Can the pain of loneliness be good for us?
- Finding peace and happiness in our loneliness.