Dan and Melissa look at advancing against the gates of hell, embracing suffering, and the inspiration of Mother Angelica as they reflect on letters from St. Teresa in the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Some historical context of the letters and great works of St. Teresa of Avila.
- St. Teresa's understanding of what happens when we go into "enemy territory" - a reflection on Matthew 16:18.
- Knowing God by embracing suffering. Don't let your suffering be in vain.
- The value of love which is tested by sacrifice.
- How to deal with the suffering of the people we love in a positive way.
- Are trials and suffering necessary in order to move forward? A look at the story of Mother Angelica and the founding of EWTN as an example.
- Read along with the SpiritualDirection.com book club, and call in with questions: 818-646-7729.