Today Dan and Melissa answer your questions about helping others in need, discerning God's will and prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What can we say to those who are undergoing devastating suffering and how can we help them?
- Is there a dichotomy between St. Augustine's admonition to "Love God and do what you will," and St. Ignatius' rule of discernment which says, "Do not act until one has absolute clarity that it is the will of God."?
- "Love God and do what you will," implies that one loves God and his will is oriented to God's will so that as he acts he can act in accordance with His will in peace and clarity.
- St. Ignatius advises us to discern before choosing between two situations or actions that are both good. Where does the inspiration for these actions come from?
- If a person talks to Jesus all day long outside of scheduled prayer time, is that considered prayer?
- How advanced do we need to be spirituality before we become involved in a ministry position in our parish?