Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Maria Scaperlanda about her book, Edith Stein, where they discuss the importance of this 20th century saint and her impact on the Catholic Church.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What was Edith Stein like as a young girl?
- Did Edith grow up practicing Judaism?
- Did Edith have any relationship with God as a child, teenager or young adult?
- How did Edith become interested in the Catholic Church?
- What did Edith learn as a student of philosophy and more specifically phenomenology?
- What role did St. Teresa of Avila play in Edith's conversion to Catholicism?
- What important events took place after Edith Stein entered Carmel and became a Carmelite sister?
- How were St. Teresa Benedicta's writings preserved during the Nazi invasion?
- What happened after she moved to the Netherlands?
- How was she martyred for the Faith?
- What is St. Teresa Benedicta's legacy here on earth?