What would it be like for the saints to confront their moral, theological or philosophical counterparts in history? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson, as they speak with Dr. Benjamin Wiker about his book, Saints vs. Scoundrels to find the answer.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What was the motivation for choosing these particular people from history?
- Why is the book written in a dramatic context?
- How much research was involved in writing the book?
- Why are these particular saints and scoundrels paired together, especially if they came from different time periods?
- How did Dr. Wiker's encounters with the writings of these saints and scoundrels influence his conversion to the Catholic Church?
- Do the saints all have similar personalities because they are saints?
- What can the reader gain from this book?
- Is there a pattern among the scoundrels which leads them to their erroneous thoughts and beliefs?