Why are youth ministry programs failing to make lifelong disciples of our young people? Join Melissa Elson as she speaks with Everett Fritz about his book, The Art of Forming Young Disciples, to discover how we can change our youth programs to effectively impact the next generation of Catholics.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What was the motivation to write this book?
- What are some current approaches to youth ministry?
- Specifically, what is the "Sermon on the Mount" approach?
- What are the five basic needs of teenagers today?
- Why are Catholic schools failing in their formation of young people?
- What should youth programs look like in our parishes?
- Why is the need for guidance so important for teenagers?
- How difficult is it to start small group ministry at our parishes?