If we find ourselves in the grip of one or many of the seven deadly sins, how can we break free and live virtuous lives? Dr. Kevin Vost returns to answer this question and more as he joins Dan and Melissa to discuss his book, The Seven Deadly Sins.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is the difference between the deadly sin of sloth and a psychological issue such as depression?
- Which sin does St. Thomas Aquinas say most directly opposes the commandment to love my neighbor as myself?
- What are some of the "daughters" or symptoms of envy?
- If I recognize one or many of these sins in myself, how can I overcome it?
- Which of the seven deadly sins are causing the most havoc in the modern world?
- What is gluttony and how harmful can it be to one's soul?
- What strategies can I implement to correct these sins in my life?
- What are the corresponding virtues to the seven deadly sins?
- Daily examination of conscience is important to recognize and overcome sin.
- Why should we take a different approach to the sins of anger and lust?