Join Dan Burke and guest host, Stephanie Burke, as they speak with Christopher Carstens about his book, A Devotional Journey into the Mass to help us discover the meaning and beauty of the liturgy.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What are the major themes of the book?
- Why is active participation in the Mass so important?
- What does "active participation" in the Mass mean and how can we accomplish it?
- How should we enter into the church building?
- Why is it important to focus on something as simple as entering through the church doors?
- St. Augustine says that through the Eucharist, "we can become Christ." What does this mean? How can we enter fully into the Eucharistic feast?
- How is the book set up? How can we use it to help us change our participation in the Mass?
- What is mystagogy and why is this approach used in the book?