Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they offer solutions to our culture's technologically obsessed world by speaking with author, Dr. Christopher Blum about his book, A Mind at Peace: Reclaiming an Ordered Soul in the Age of Distraction.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What was the inspiration/motivation for the book?
- How does technology increase anxiety? How does it detract from the spiritual life?
- Why is the book set up in three sections?
- What is the best way for readers to use this book?
- How can we take custody of our hearts and minds according to the Church?
- Is A Mind at Peace a work of philosophy, theology, psychology, spirituality or all of these fields combined?
- How would you characterize the peace that one can attain from the book?
- What does it mean to be in the world but not of the world?
- Which spiritual writers influenced the book most heavily?
- Does the book offer a technique in achieving interior peace?
- Could one use an app or other device to help determine how much social media time is enough in the course of the day?