Why should we deepen our prayer life? Dan and Melissa speak with Dr. Anthony Lilles about his book, Fire from Above: Christian Contemplation and Mystical Wisdom to explain the importance behind contemplative prayer and the reasons to make it part of one's daily prayer life.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What was the motivation behind writing the book?
- What significance is behind making the sign of the cross?
- Is there meaning behind touching the head, upper abdomen and shoulders when making the sign of the cross?
- Who is St. Elizabeth of the Trinity and why is she significant?
- Is contemplative prayer only reserved for priests and religious?
- What is the importance of entering into a deeper prayer life?