Description: This week, Dan and Melissa explain how tolerating distractions in the spiritual life can dissuade the enemy from discouraging us in prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- It would be unrealistic to believe that we can be free from all distractions in prayer, so we must have strategies to tolerate them.
- How can we "gently" turn our thoughts back to God during prayer?
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church reveals to us that our distractions can uncover our sinful attachments.
- Is perseverance in prayer despite our distractions more meritorious than being without distractions all together?
- What strategies can we use to tolerate the distractions and turn our hearts back to Jesus?