Today, Dan and Melissa reflect on God's intense, personal love for each individual soul and answer the question, how do we avoid distractions in prayer?
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Reflections on the pure, unconditional, personal love with which the Creator formed each, unique human being.
- A life filled with earthly wealth may lead to comfort, but a humble life oriented to God will lead to peace and eternal joy.
- What prayerful solution can you offer for a person who gets distracted in prayer easily?
- Jesus suggests that we go into a small, remote space to pray. (Matthew 6:6)
- Establishing a consistent prayer time each day programs our bodies and minds to be still during this time.
- Practicing lectio divina helps lessen distractions.
- Do not simply sit in silence if you are at a beginning stage in prayer.