Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with author, Connie Rossini, about the differences between Christian contemplative prayer and non-Christian Eastern meditation.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What are the promised results of non-Christian Eastern meditation?
- Is is possible that non-Christian Eastern meditation can lead to demonic possession?
- What is the focus of prayer methods of the East?
- What does the Vatican say about non-Christian Eastern meditation?
- Is it wrong to use a method in our approach to prayer?
- When we begin a prayer routine, should we simply sit back and wait for God to speak to us?
- Is it problematic to concentrate on your breathing during prayer?
- What role does intention play in meditative prayer?