Description: This week Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss St. Therese's intense suffering as she experiences the dark night of the soul.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Why does St. Therese refer to herself as "a grain of sand"?
- The writings of St. Therese reflect those of St. John of the Cross: we must study the life of Jesus and imitate Him in everything we do.
- We must detach ourselves from our own reputation.
- St. Therese had a devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus and finds consolation not only for herself, but for the world in a simple smile descending upon us from His blood-stained face.
- Why does St. Therese long for "the homeland" at this stage in her spiritual life?
- What is causing the suffering that St. Therese is experiencing?
- Why does God have us pass through such painful purification?
- How can one overcome the dark night of the soul?