Join Melissa Elson as she speaks with Connie Rossini about Fr. Jacques Philippe's book, Time for God focusing on ways that we can enter into and sustain a deep and meaningful prayer life.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How important is perseverance in prayer and why?
- What role does the Holy Spirit play in one's prayer life?
- What should meditation look like according to Fr. Philippe?
- Should we only read Sacred Scripture during our mental prayer time or can we use other spiritual reading?
- If our hearts are moved by a particular reading during our prayer time, but we must end our prayer time before we have finished reflecting on the reading, should we return to that same reading during our next mental prayer time?
- What does St. John of the Cross have to say about the cause of "dryness" in prayer?
- What is the Jesus prayer and why does Fr. Philippe mention it?
- How can the rosary act as a great tool for meditation?
- At what age should one introduce children to mental prayer?