Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer questions from listeners about the sacrament of reconciliation.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What differentiates the purgative, illuminative, and unitive stages of the interior life?
- Why must one go to confession if he or she is detached from habitual mortal and venial sin?
- What is the purpose or benefit of confessing venial sins frequently?
- What argument does Venerable Pope Pius XII make in favor of frequently confessing venial sins in his encyclical, Mystici Corporis Christi?
- When one reaches the "active night of the senses," is he or she free from habitual venial sin?
- Is is possible to be truly free from attachment to habitual mortal and venial sin?
- What should one do if he or she leaves the confessional feeling attacked, judged, or neglected?
- Should we go to a regular confessor to benefit most from confession?