Dan and Melissa continue their discussion on humility; in particular how humility does not lower, but instead elevates the soul.
- Signs we lack humility: Josemarie Escriva provides some insightful diagnostics.
- Recognizing all the good we have is a gift from God.
- False humlity - many of us are guilty.
- We often worry too much what others think. Do you take your confession outside of your parish?
- Navigating the Interior Life offers a self-evaluation to gain an understanding of our root sin, and instruction in using the opposing virtue to overcome it.
- Meditation #108 from Divine Intimacy - "Christian humility does not lower, it elevates; it does not cast down, but gives courage..."
- St. Paul tells us when he is weak, he is made strong. When a soul recognizes its weakness, it becomes irresistable to God.
- Sister Mary is and example of humility. A cloistered nun of 40 years humbles herself to take a course on prayer and acknowledges there was still something she could learn about praying.
- Jesus offers the ultimate example of humility, from the incarnation to the washing of the disciples feet.
- God gives us a gift in withholding intimacy until we become humble.