Now displaying: Page 1
Mar 13, 2015
- Dan and Melissa discuss humility.
- Meditation #106 from Divine Intimacy - “Humility is the firm bedrock upon which every Christian should build the edifice of his spiritual life.”
- Whereas pride is the root of all sin, humility is the root of all virtue.
- The beginning of the interior life is self-reflection, which brings about humility.
- Example- Melissa’s experience with humility at her daughter’s ballet class and how the
- Holy Spirit worked in her soul to combat her falling into pride.
- Dan and Melissa take a call about feeling God’s love vs. feeling defective despite receiving the sacraments.
- Suggestions to the caller: find out what is behind the feelings of defectiveness, mortal sin or lies she may be believing that are not of God. Also, meditation on the cross of Christ gives us the proof of His love for us.
- God has created each one of us to love us through all of eternity.
- We must set our mind always on the Spirit to find peace and orient our hearts toward God.
©Copyright Avila Foundation - All Rights Reserved