Who was St. Peter of Alcántara? What did he have to say about prayer? Join Dan and Melissa as they begin a discussion of his book Finding God Through Meditation, and answer a question from a listener about prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Do I really need to set aside a specific time for prayer every day?
- How do ascetical practices help us in prayer?
- Can we train our bodies to aid in our prayer lives?
- Why is morning the best time to devote to prayer?
- What if we don't have time for prayer in the morning?
- What is Lectio Divina?
- Ways to get our minds oriented toward God.
- Does God call us to prayer? How do we recognize His call?
- What's the difference between duty and devotion when it comes to prayer?
- How does spiritual reading improve our spiritual life?
- How did St. Teresa of Avila use the teaching of St. Peter?
- Some background on the life of St. Peter.
- Next time: Introduction to the book Finding God Through Meditation, and why St. Peter is relevant today.