What do giant trees and screaming monkeys have to do with praying? Dan and Melissa will tell you. Join them as they discuss reasons why we are distracted in prayer, and offer some strategies to deal with the distractions.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What does the Catechism of the Catholic Church say about "the battle of prayer"?
- What is the best time to schedule daily prayer?
- What if the "best time" for prayer is not possible?
- Is it a sin to fall asleep during prayer?
- What does God expect from us in prayer?
- How can we reach the point where we crave prayer?
- Is anyone completely free from distractions in prayer? How is this possible?
- Avoiding discouragement over distractions.
- Training ourselves to be more disciplined in prayer.
- What is the enemy's role in our distractions.