Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Charlie McKinney, president of Sophia Institute Press, about their new programs to teach the Catholic Faith in schools, parishes and homes across America.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What types of books does Sophia Institute Press publish?
- What are the criteria that Sophia Institute Press follows when deciding whether or not to publish a book?
- What are some new resources available to Catholic schools and parishes?
- What is "Sophia Institute for Teachers"?
- How is the K- 8 textbook series different than current textbook series used in Catholic Schools?
- How does the Sophia textbook series help make lesson planning easier for busy teachers?
- What is the "Family of Faith" parish program?
- How is the "Family of Faith" program different from CCD programs?
- What are the benefits of learning about the Faith together as a family?
- How can the parish community help with family faith formation?