Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they address the growing epidemic of loneliness with author, Dr. Kevin Vost about his book, The Catholic Guide to Loneliness.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is loneliness?
- Is social media causing people to become less connected?
- What are the three psychological and behavioral components to loneliness?
- What are some unhealthy manifestations of loneliness?
- Why do the holidays seem to trigger loneliness?
- How does the book help those suffering from loneliness to overcome the effects of loneliness?
- We are never truly alone. God is always with us.
- Why did some of the saints seek out solitude?
- How can we grow closer to Christ through our loneliness?
- Does the devil use loneliness as an opportunity to bring us into despair?
- What are the ABC's of lonely thinking?