Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they address the growing epidemic of loneliness with author Dr. Kevin Vost and interview him on his book The Catholic Guide to Loneliness..
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What is loneliness?
- Is social media causing people to become less connected?
- What are the three psychological and behavioral components to loneliness?
- What are some unhealthy manifestations of loneliness?
- Why do the holidays seem to trigger loneliness?
- How does the book help those suffering from loneliness to overcome the effects of loneliness?
- We are never truly alone. God is always with us.
- Why did some of the saints seek out solitude?
- How can we grow closer to Christ through our loneliness?
- Does the devil use loneliness as an opportunity to bring us into despair?
- What are the ABC's of lonely thinking?