What exactly is "the prayer of quiet" and why does God call us to this type of prayer? Today, Dan and Melissa answer this question and dive deeper into the realm of contemplative prayer.
Topics/Questions covered during the show:
- How does "the prayer of quiet" or silence differ from "the prayer of simplicity"?
- What are the affects of "the prayer of quiet"?
- What is it like to experience "the prayer of quiet"?
- What does it mean to enter into a more passive type of prayer?
- What are some problematic teachings about passivity in prayer?
- Should we try to suppress our thoughts during prayer?
- Is it selfish to spend your prayer time contemplating God instead of using that time for praying for others?
- Should we rest or relax during "the prayer of quiet"?