How can we find encouragement here on earth? Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss the brevity of life, the glory of heaven and the beauty of suffering through the perspective of St. Therese of Lisieux.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- St. Therese responds to her sister, Leonie, about the emotional difficulties accompanying the death of their father, Louis Martin.
- This letter seems take on a reversal of roles as St. Therese is being comforted by her sister instead of being the one to provide comfort to another.
- Therese reflects on heaven and the brevity of life.
- Therese chooses to see her life from the perspective of the Scriptures and from heaven.
- Heaven is the greatest consolation.
- Why does Therese thank God that He has found Leonie worthy to suffer for His love?
- How does suffering make us like Jesus?