Description: How does St. Therese of Lisieux remain so spiritually motivated all of the time? This week Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles focus on one of the secrets to St. Therese's spiritual success, keeping her eyes fixed on Jesus.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How does St. Therese overcome moments of weakness in her spiritual life?
- We must not always try to conquer our weaknesses, but humbly accept them and surrender them to the Lord.
- What is the difference between Godward self-awareness and self-absorption?
- What can we do to turn our thoughts back to Jesus when we become consumed in our weaknesses?
- Jesus is aching and yearning for our hearts. Our hearts need to be moved by this thirst of Jesus.
- Jesus sees us as precious and the object of his divine affection.