St. Therese says, "Life is mysterious!...It is a desert and an exile..." Today, Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss how this life can feel like a desert at times and how God gives us the strength to persevere through difficulty.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- St. Therese has a self-giving way of loving God. She desires no consolations or perceptible love in return, only "a love felt by Jesus".
- Is it wrong to desire an experiential love?
- God will manifest Himself to anyone sincerely seeking Him with faith, but He will do so in His own way.
- How can we keep from becoming discouraged by St. Therese's seemingly unattainable holiness?
- How can we cross the desert of this life to come to know the glory of the next?
- St. Therese believes that she is profoundly and uniquely loved by God and that each and every person is profoundly and uniquely loved by God.
- What is the "day of distances"?
- Progress on the path of spiritual maturity is made by averting our attention from the trials we are experiencing and instead focusing on what pleases God.