Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they reflect on the meditations of Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen on the transition from meditation to contemplation.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- We must have an understanding of the transition from meditation to contemplation in order to cooperate with God.
- How can someone advance in the spiritual life if they have trouble meditating?
- Meditating is both thinking about Scripture and entering into the readings through discursive and affective meditation.
- Vocal prayer done well can lead us to deeper meditation.
- Is everyone called to the contemplative life?
- Is it possible for God to withhold a soul from contemplation and keep them in the meditative stage of prayer?
- You must become aware of the depths of your sin and become reliant on Jesus to purify you.
- When you are unable to meditate on Scripture, do you keep reading or are there tricks to meditation?
- What are some of the common experiences when someone is transitioning from meditation to contemplation?