Why we can rejoice in suffering, and ways to identify attachments. Dan and Melissa discuss these topics and more as they reflect on letters from St. Teresa in the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- St. Teresa struggles with sin, revealing her humanity. How does she deal with it?
- Reflections on 1 Peter, Chapter 1 regarding suffering as an opportunity to grow closer to God.
- The more we grow in the interior life, the less need we have for earthly consolations.
- Using a "spiritual dashboard" to identify your attachments.
- Dealing with disordered attachments to things we need to live, e.g. food and exercise.
- Read along with the SpiritualDirection.com book club, and call in with questions: 818-646-7729.
- Help bring Avila to Aspen - Participate in a project that aims to revitalize the Catholic Church in Aspen, Colorado.