Dan and Melissa discuss detachment and suffering by reflecting on the first two letters from St. Teresa in the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Attachments: How to recognize them. Are they bad?
- What are the steps to achieving detachment?
- How can we obtain freedom and peace through detachment?
- Dan shares his story of how interior peace and freedom are helping him go through a time of suffering.
- St. John of the Cross reveals how suffering and detachment are related.
- Using periods of consolation to rest and prepare for desolation, from St. Ignatius Rules for Discernment.
- Book of Revelation: When will suffering end?