Learn from a saint how to respond to persecution. St. Teresa advises a Carmelite nun to avoid the temptation to indulge in righteous indignation in response to an accusation. Dan and Melissa reflect on a letters from St. Teresa from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Does God provide ways to escape temptations?
- How does the enemy work to accuse people, especially those striving for holiness?
- Should we actually desire the difficulties we encounter in life? Why?
- How can we deal with persecutions in a way that will help us progress spiritually?
- Is it possible to accept persecutions with peace? Can we actually embrace them?
- How do saints deal with persecutions?
- What can we learn from how Jesus dealt with persecutions?
- How should we respond to someone persecuting us?
- Using scripture to help endure persecution.