St. Teresa describes her spiritual ecstacies and how they caused her distress. Dan and Melissa talk about how everyone is called to the heights of holiness as they read from St. Teresa's letter to her brother from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Is there a Universal Call to Holiness?
- Can everyone reach the advanced stages of prayer that the Saints do?
- How do lay people reach the heights of holiness? What should they do when they get there?
- What is the evidence of authentic prayer?
- Is spiritual aridity normal? Where does it come from?
- How should we deal with periods of aridity and consolation?
- How the marital experience is like the spiritual life.
- What is the measure of spritual progress?