Does the Catholic Church suppress women? How should Christians interceed in political issues? Dan and Melissa address these questions and more as they reflect on letters from St. Teresa in the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Announcement: Help bring Avila to Aspen - A new project that includes a revitilization of the Catholic Church in Aspen, Colorado.
- St. Teresa has the ability to affect political situations with her power and humility.
- Does the Catholic Church suppress women? Look at St. Teresa's life in the Church. How does the Church regard the Blessed Mother?
- Should we, as Christians, act to interceed in government affairs? Reflections on 1 Timothy, Chapter 2.
- Action and voting in conjunction with holiness and prayer.
- Letter for Day 6: Tune in next week for more on the humility, discernment, illness and suffering of St. Teresa.
- Read along with the SpiritualDirection.com book club, and call in with questions: 818-646-7729.